Coffee & Community | Open 7am - 7pm Daily | 301 Parkside Ave 14214
March 7, 2019
JAM careers – Barista
JAM is a modern cafe set in the beautiful Parkside Neighborhood in Buffalo’s Northside. JAM was created to help fill a void in one of the city’s prized and historic neighborhoods. We wanted to fill a vacant storefront with something that made the city, the neighborhood, the surrounding area of Delaware Park stronger and filled with culture and action. JAM isn’t just a coffee shop; it is an opportunity for community.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
● Be an ambassador for JAM and present a positive environment for customers at all times
● Serve beverages to customers
● Prepare and assemble food items
● Prep stock in kitchen and cafe
● Run POS system efficiently
● Keep cash drawer orderly and on count
● Do dishes, tidy up, clean, sweep, mop as necessary
● Actively learn in depth knowledge about our coffees, menu items and retail selection
Secondary Job Responsibilities:
● Show up on time and ready for work
● Open the shop and close the shop as assigned
● Learn and help anchor the culture of JAM
● Learn about our contributing partners to effectively communicate with customers about our offering list
● Create a safe work environment for your colleagues
● Be awesome, remain awesome
JAM offers competitive pay, plus tips and free coffee drinks.
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter or letter of interest and a resume.
JAM promotes an environment that is diverse, and filled with tolerance for all people. We are seeking the right candidate and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.